Tips for winter RV use and storage.
If RV is in use and not winterized:
1) Keep your furnace “on” and have plenty of LP! Just a little heat goes a long ways to help protect your valuable interior plumbing fixtures!
2) Keep your water heater “on” at all times. Protect that expensive water heater tank!
3) Have tank and or pipe heaters installed. Freeze damaged tanks and plumbing are messy and expensive!
4) Don’t forget to disconnect or protect your city water hose when not in use!
1) Make sure to drain all tanks, including fresh, black, gray, and water heater.
2) Before draining water heater tank, turn off 120VAC circuit breaker, if equipped. Water heater elements burn up quickly when not immersed in water.
3) Bypass your water heater and fill all hot/cold plumbing lines with an approved non-toxic RV plumbing antifreeze. Don’t forget those outside shower faucets and hoses! Having your coach professionally winterized or doing it yourself the right way is the best way to insure your RV is fully protected.